Friday, August 15, 2008

"Nobody Sees A Flower...




...really - it is so small - we haven't time, and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time."


This quote from Georgia O' Keefe is one of my favorites, especially since I am an avid gardener and spend countless pleasurable hours in the garden. This flower the "Summer Sun Heliopsis" I photographed is one of the dominant early-mid summer flowers in my garden, and one I love for its beauty and low maintenance. And just as importantly, the birds and bees seem to like it too, while the snails and Japanese beetles don't care for it. Take the time to see a flower and cultivate a "green" yard and garden, if you don't have one already, instead of themanicured "meatball" and "poodle cut" bushes, and perfect looking toxic grass lawns. You and your families will be healthier for it, and you'll also find lots of inspiration for future photos and paintings by doing so.